Hey guys! So if you have been following my blog for some time, you’d know that I posted a very much delayed travel post about my EOY trip to Thailand! Here’s part two of my EOY blog post: off to Malaysia! (Read about part one: Thailand, here!)
DAY 8 (JAN 3): ARRIVING IN PENANG
- Arrived in Penang after two getting on two ferries, two trains, and a relatively short bus ride
- Checked in at Dreamcatcher Hostel
- Visited Kek Lok Si
- Had Penang’s famous Assam Laksa for dinner
- Shishaed in a flood (it poured really heavily!)
DAY 9 (JAN 4): TAMAN NEGARA PULAU PINANG
- Checked into Eton Hotel
- Trekked along Penang National Park
- Pigged out at Gurney Drive
- Met Bernice in our hotel!!! Thanks for joining us babe ❤
DAY 10 (JAN 5): BEING A TOURIST IN GEORGETOWN
- Had far too much dimsum for breakfast
- Checked out the murals in Georgetown
- Cafe hopped
- PIGGED OUT AGAIN AT GURNEY DRIVE (the food was too good)
DAY 11 (JAN 6): OFF TO IPOH!
- Collected our car! Thanks Ber for driving! Promise to get my licence soon!
- Taiping: Drove to Restoran Kakak for the best coffee in the world
- Visited the Antong Café Coffee Factory: The oldest coffee mill In Malaysia
- Took in the views of Taiping Lake
- Checked into our Ipoh Hotel (I forget the name)
- Dim sum dinner!
DAY 12 (JAN 7): AND NOW TO CAMERON: THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!
- Walked down Concubine Lane
- Had more Old Town Coffee
- Got in touch with our spiritual side at Kek Long Tong
- Off to Cameron! We were staying in an Orang Asli Village for the night!
- Check in at Rainforest Inn – dinner there was SUCH A SPREAD
DAY 13 (JAN 8): FROM CAMERON TO KL!
- Checked out the waterfall near our accomodation!
- Had tea at Habu
- Had a steamboat at Brinchang for dinner
- Drove to KL
- Checked into D’Majestic Place by Swiss Garden, Kuala Lumpur D’Majestic Place by Swiss Garden, Kuala Lumpur
- Visited Jalan Alor to have stingray for dinner
DAY 14 (JAN 9): HOME!
- Kissed si ginna (our car) goodbye
- Had breakfast around our hotel: Yong Tau Foo and Egg Tarts
- Visited a few shopping centers in KLCC before heading back! (WE ALMOST MISSED OUR BUS IT WAS NO JOKE)
It was a great trip! I’m the kind that freaks out quite a lot by travel, and I get homesick within a few days or so but this trip was a really enjoyable (can’t say restful) experience. Will definitely hold many precious memories from it in my heart! 🙂